World Nomads Travel Insurance Reviews - www.worldnomads.com

World Nomads Travel Insurance www.worldnomads.com

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“For Nomads... and not”

Written on: 13/04/2013 by antist4r (1 review written)

The great thing about World Nomads is that they are the only insurance company that I've found who operate in English, but will insure you wherever you are in the world. This is great for people like me who move around a lot. The infuriatingly stupid thing about World Nomads is that they expect you to create an account in order to buy or claim insurance, and the country you register with CANNOT BE CHANGED. So when you come to buy insurance in a new country, the system will not let… Read Full Review

Worldnomads.com's Response to antist4r's Review

Written on: 12/06/2013

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We're chuffed we can help provide cover for you as you move around the world.

We do appreciate our website can be frustrating and we're working on making it easier to use for travellers, like you, who live in different countries at different times. The techies are working on it as we speak, but it can take some time to completely re-engineer everything under the hood.

If you need help managing multiple memberships - please do let our member services team know. They're always happy to help make this easier for you.

For others reading this: travel insurers need to know where you permanently reside, so if required you can be repatriated home to this country to recuperate and receive long term medical care. Once you're back home, the travel insurance ends and your health insurance cover starts for ongoing medical treatment.

If you move around (for insurance purposes) you should choose to buy a policy as a resident of the country where you have access to long term medical care and that you'd want to be repatriate back to if medically required. For example: if you are citizen of one country, yet live in another, you might choose the country of citizenship as this is where you'd prefer to recuperate as you may be covered under a national health scheme and have family in that country as well.

Again, our team are always happy to help activate and deactivate multiple memberships, so please do let us know.

Best regards,
Katrina
WorldNomads.com

Read 1 Comment

“You have to be very wary of this product when buying...”

Written on: 08/06/2010

You have to be very wary of this product when buying it - as I did - as backpacker insurance. Basically the only flight you are covered for is your one out of the UK. Therefore to me they are misselling the policy as if you are a backpacker you are going to be on any number of flights - if these flights are delayed or cancelled, well that's just tough apparently.
However they did handle a claim for lost sunglasses quickly and professionally… Read Full Review

“I use World Nomads travel insurance all the time...”

Written on: 12/08/2009

I use World Nomads travel insurance all the time because although I didn't claim I have looked around and think you can define claim reviews into two baskets: all the medial claims are superbly handled which is why the reviews are all positive, and all the negative reviews are all complaints where a claim was denied. Now, call me a cynic but if you have travel insurance and need to make a non-medical claim and it's successful you really can't be bothered writing a review, so you have to ask… Read Full Review

“I have taken out three policies with World Nomads over...”

Written on: 01/04/2008 by MikeH2 (1 review written)

I have taken out three policies with World Nomads over the last two years and would not hesitate to go with them again for a fourth term. Being a Brit, I was initially concerned about choosing an insurance company based in Australia - mainly because of the time difference and cost of calls in event of a problem claiming - but everything was handled online. They even accepted scanned copies of my proof of purchases/receipts/bills. Highly recommended. Based in Australia although they have offices… Read Full Review