Invade privacy remove goods read personal letters no refunds

Ayers372's review of Royal Mail

“Invade privacy remove goods read personal letters no...”

Written on: 29/11/2015 by Ayers372 (1 review written)

I sent a Christmas present to my daughter in India she's there on a six month sabbatical. Royal mail opened the parcel and even opened the personal Xmas card inside. Ruined some PG tea-bags, new slippers and messed up all gifts. They removed and kept two bottles of shampoo which they claim were banned items. They charged me £21.55 to send this parcel. They sent the parcel minus the shampoo back in a real state. They now refuse to send the shampoo back or refund my postage. The clerks on the help line are not helpful just spiteful untrained individuals. They have wrecked a little Christmas gift to my daughter so far away from home. I would highly recommend you look elsewhere for both overseas & domestic parcel services the Christmas. The so called banned items are hard to find on there very poorly designed website one would need to be a seasoned user of it to navigate.

Bastet2015's Comment

Written on: 01/12/2015

I'd file Small Claims, just out of principle, they need to be held to account. What a joke, your poor daughter. I sent a friend, teaching in South Korea, her favourite snacks, paid £16 to send them and they conveniently never arrived. Someone gained a few lbs at my expense! My local Post Office now constantly snoops into what I'm sending 'for security', it's getting irritating having to explain myself and my business to complete strangers.