Abysmal

Bastet2015's review of Royal Mail

“Abysmal”

Written on: 16/11/2015 by Bastet2015 (24 reviews written)

I can't be bothered to type the 10,000 words required to explain why Royal Mail is the worst company on the planet.

I'll list a few brief issues I have:

- The price of stamps go up every year almost, sometimes by quite a lot.

- Despite the above ^^ the service gets worse every year.

- They regularly strike for more pay and better pensions etc, but they can't even do their jobs well at their current pay, so they definitely don't deserve more!

- First class is now not as fast and is often late or fails its own estimated times.

- Postmen lack common sense and do stupid things like pull your mail out of their bag way before your house when its raining so that your mail gets drenched, rather than using your canopy for shelter.

- I was affected by the scandal in Manchester whereby someone was opening cards etc. My mum sent me a congratulations card and enclosed a private letter from the bank inside of it. This guy opened my card and discarded it. Six months later, someone in Royal Mail has read my private letter, got my home address from it and sent my card back to my mum with a 'sorry it was damaged by the machines' response.

- Either a) Royal Mail gets paid to or b) its employees take second jobs delivering take away menus for Dominos, Pizza hut and ASDA mags etc. You can be registered with the mail preference people and still your post man will stick rubbish in with your mail.

- If ever you have a complaint, their response is to throw a book of six second class stamps at you.

- Their recorded delivery system online can sometimes be a week behind. I was taking legal action against some company, the letter had been responded to by the company (in writing also), before the tracker was even updated as 'signed for'!!! Paid deliberately so that I could know when it was delivered and it was the company I wrote to that confirmed delivery long before Royal Mail, who I paid to!

I recently complained about the amount of rubbish getting posted with our letters, namely Pizza Hut, Dominoes, ASDA, Talk Talk and Virgin 'to the occupant' mass mails being stuffed through our door. Their e-mail response was not helpful at all, they didn't care. We are already registered with the mail preference thing and are not on the edited register etc. We get more spam pamphlets than letters these days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: 7.7.15: Over the last 6-8 weeks a lot of mail has gone missing. DVDs/Games from eBay have never come and I've been told I was sent letters that never came.

I had THREE copies of the same letter sent to me by the hospital, only the third copy arrived. The hospital had to send THREE copies of an appointment letter and only one arrived. My bank sent THREE of the same complaint response letter to me, only the third arrived.

They did their 'investigation' but apparently nothing is wrong. I say missing eBay purchases and mail from numerous senders is clearly very wrong. Yet they manage to keep putting Pizza Hut and Farmfoods brochures through our letterbox. Maybe if you stopped delivering spam mail against our wishes, you might have more room for our actual mail, instead of losing it.

I recently had Amazon remove Royal Rubbish from my account as an available carrier - they're THAT bad.

I'm giving you notice here and now, and by recorded delivery letter, that if you keep posting spam pamphlets, brochures and letters through our post, we will be billing Royal Mail £2 for each individual item. We're on the edited register, we're not subscribed to newsletters and we are subscribed to the Mail Preference Service. If you continue to send Specsavers, ASDA, Farmfoods and other similar spam items through our mail, we will be billing Royal Mail via Small Claims for £2 per item to cover our having to deal with these items and disposing of them ourselves. We will also be billing for the court fees.

It's a breach of our privacy and completely contrary to the Mailing Preference List. We have a right not to be spammed by unsolicited mail and you are breaching this.

I previously complained about this and threatened to bill many months ago, so I'm not giving any further notice. You continue to post spam through our door and so I will begin immediately cataloguing and billing Royal Mail for these items.

All in all, about 10-15 things went missing. Got fobbed off that there were no issues in my area. Took them to Ombudsman POSTRS who said they rejected my complaint. What a joke!

Mxp2090's Response to Bastet2015's Review

Written on: 01/12/2015

I think you answered all your own moans in that text. You have too much time on your hands and the text is very very repetitive.
You will never ever stop the junk mail as unfortunately Royal Mail are paid to deliver it and it's one of their biggest earners.
Do as everyone else does...BIN IT!

Bastet2015's reply to Mxp2090's Comment

Written on: 01/12/2015

Thanks for your constructive post. 'You have too much time on your hands' doesn't really carry much weight when the person saying it has taken the time to troll a genuine review.

Bastet2015's Response to Bastet2015's Review

Written on: 01/12/2015

More recent update: Filled out the Royal Mail Door to Door mail opt out forms some months ago. Apparently they can take you off their lists for 3 years at a time, before re-adding you. However, 2 months later we're still getting absolute junk through the letterbox.

More items missing. DVD made it safely from the US to Heathrow only for Royal Mail to take custody of and to lose it.