LOST PARCEL YET NOT REIMBURSED THE £13.95 IT COST TO SEND!

Krystal191's review of Royal Mail

“LOST PARCEL YET NOT REIMBURSED THE £13.95 IT COST TO...”

Written on: 02/12/2014 by Krystal191 (1 review written)

I sent a parcel to Estonia and it somehow ended up in Australia. I have spent over 15 minutes on the phone to customer services trying to sort it out and am having to pay for the call as they wouldn't phone me back. An 0845 number so I bet that wasn't cheap. I have been told that if the parcel is lost I can claim for the contents of the parcel but won't be reimbursed the postage. The parcel cost me £13.92 to send so how is it that I am paying for a service I didn't get? I asked for an email address for customer services and was told I have to write a proper letter. Of course, that's more money for Royal Mail for a stamp. Feel totally stitched up.

Bastet2015's Comment

Written on: 01/12/2015

I hope you filed Small Claims. They cannot legally hold you to a postage cost when said item ended up on a different continent to the one stated. Make sure to add interest, call costs and the time its taken you to sort out the issue. You'd win...hands down.