Persistence pays

430Owens's review of ParcelHero - www.parcelhero.com

“Persistence pays”

Written on: 21/09/2016 by 430Owens (1 review written)

I sent a large parcel for about £30. Ten days later ParcelHero claimed the parcel was massively bigger than I had stated and charged me another £110! Of course, as so much time had passed the box no longer existed and I couldn't prove it's size.
After a lot of argument they offered a 50% reduction which I refused on principle. I submitted my case to the retail ombudsman but ParcelHero are not registered with them and would not engage. Paypal were eventually sympathetic on the phone and told me that they would refund me £100, but they didn't, despite me contacting their dispute centre online numerous times afterward. I hadn't the will to phone them again, its hours out of your life.
So eventually I took my case to the Small claims court. This can be done online and the court are rightfully at pains to make sure you have tried all other avenues of mediation or arbitration first.
ParcelHero obviously couldn't provide any evidence at all that my parcel was oversized and capitulated, refunding my £110 plus my £25 cost for registering the claim to the court.
You need stamina to go down this road - It's not worth the massive time and effort for £110 but I don't like being ripped off.

Dingding1's Comment

Written on: 30/09/2016

Well done you. I might be trying the same.