Parcelhero-experts in trying to scrape additional money

bono100's review of ParcelHero - www.parcelhero.com

“Parcelhero-experts in trying to scrape additional money”

Written on: 01/04/2016 by bono100 (1 review written)

I have sent a few packages using Parcelhero. The first few times everything went through great, my packages even arrived sooner than expected.
I sent a package to the states from the UK, the package consisted of a coat which weighed just over 2 kgs, the coat went through customs completely fine and the recipient received it all okay. Fast forward a couple of weeks later and I receive a email stating I now owe the delivery company an additional £25.
They stated the reason was down to my package being audited on the way through, they claimed the parcel was bigger than what I had entered which was not true and so they claimed my parcel weighed 9.5 kgs. So just to be clear they claimed a coat weighed 9.5 kgs!- I obviously complained and a helpful girl advised I had to buy another box and print out the shipping nodes again and attach to a box , then to take pictures of the box with similar items inside along with photo proof of the dimensions of the box. I did and that is still in dispute.
A few weeks later I sent another mans coat to New Zealand , I made sure all the dimensions were correct and I even bumped up the weight of the parcel to avoid anything like this happening again. The parcel went through customs all fine and the recipient received it all fine. Fast forward a few weeks later and they have said it was audited en route and I owe them an additional £10. They gave me the measurements of what they took, when they claimed it was audited and they are the exact same as what I originally entered. So obviously they are just trying to push to get more money.....
Again I have to buy another box, and take photos to send off as evidence. As well as wasting my time for them not investigating original shipping nodes.

Its starting to be clear that the company lure you in with cheap prices then try to take more from you once the packages have been delivered. They make it very clear that they are the middlemen and that this is from the third party delivery service asking for additional costs. But just simply looking at original shipping details in this case would show that there is a mistake. I shouldn't have to mess about trying to prove they are incorrect.

Avoid them, there are plenty other companies to use.

Dingding1's Response to bono100's Review

Written on: 17/09/2016

I am getting the same treatment, with claims fo Custom charges for a shipment of gift of a blouse and skirt less than £50 with customs charges of £30 for no apparent reason. I am about to tell my credit card to charge back the transactions for failure to deliver the service contracted (they did not deliver). I hope this will put the onus on ParcelForce rather than me. They would not have to trick customers if they didn't have to employ so many complaints handlers.