Misleading Info Given

HeTr's review of Mail and Fly - www.mailandfly.com

“Misleading Info Given”

Written on: 23/11/2021 by HeTr (1 review written)

What I object to is being misled about the cost of delivery by Mail and Fly. My wife and I did make a mistake, and security had the right to confiscate the small item which we put in our hand luggage at the last minute because of problems with checking in our hold luggage. But the security staff gave us the impression that we could get it sent home for £8. In fact when I tried to arrange delivery I found that it would cost us £26.47 including £17.10 shipping and some fuel costs. (Doesn't shipping cost include fuel? I would think that you need fuel to ship something, and should include it in the shipping cost.) They were going to have the item couriered when ordinary mail would have been fine by us. I wonder if they gave us the impression it would be cheap, so that they could get the right to keep and sell our item. I would definitely not use this service unless it was for a crucially important item. Our experience has taught us to be even more careful about choosing what we put in hand luggage, so that we never need to use Mail and Fly.