Parcel left in plain sight & then stolen.

Guest's review of Hermes Parcel Delivery

“Parcel left in plain sight and then stolen.”

Written on: 27/11/2020

Received a text from Hermes stating I was due a delivery between 5 and 7pm. However, already being out when I saw the text I was unable to do anything about it at that point.(Weirdly I have no outstanding orders from the company the parcel was being sent from - but that's another story!)

Returned home at 7.45pm did a few things and then realised package hadn't been delivered - or so I thought. I checked the tracking link and there was a photograph from 5.45pm of the parcel propped against my closed front door. The front door is plainly visible from the road. We hunted around outside a little bit and checked behind our side entrance gate (just in case it had grown legs and walked) but were unable to find it so of course have come to the conclusion that it has been stolen by an opportunistic thief walking by.

I cannot believe that a parcel would be left on the doorstep in plain view on a roadside. We had left lights on for our dogs, but that does not mean the delivery person should assume we are home.

We have had other parcels delivered by Hermes without issue - because one or the other of us were home - but evidently they cannot be trusted to take care of your parcels if you are unfortunately out when they show up.