Failed to deliver as "no parking mate"

AlxD's review of Expert Logistics Delivery

“Failed to deliver as "no parking mate"”

Written on: 06/07/2021 by AlxD (1 review written)

They tried twice to deliver a washing machine (with delivery and installation paid for). Although when ordering (through ao.com) it clearly stated that any extra charges incurred to access my post code and to deliver at my door will be reflected in the basket at check-out, on their first attempt the driver called me to go outside, to find a parking meter and to pay the parking for him. They claimed the company do not reimburse them and also the logistics "experts" company does not provide them with any trolley or anything else to be able to easily carry the washing machine from the van to the house. I refused, as I had already paid for the full package of delivery and they did a second attempt on a Sunday, claiming that on Sunday there are no parking fees. On the second attempt they did not even call me when the van "supposedly" arrived at my property. I was only contacted afterwards by someone at their offices claiming the driver was at my house, did a few rounds but left as he couldn't find a parking space available (saying "sorry, no parking mate").
Although I wish I did, I do not live in Mayfair or some restricted access area; it is a very average borough in zone 2 and with loads of parking available around my house (at times it does require the "unbelievable patience" to drive around for 5-10 minutes to get an empty space).

Expertlogistics's Response to AlxD's Review

Written on: 07/07/2021

Hi

We are very sorry to hear this.

To allow us to look into it, could you please email us with a copy of this review, the order number, delivery postcode and name the order was placed in?

Kind regards