Ticket protection is a joke

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

ffKrause186's review of The Ticket Factory www.theticketfactory.com

“Ticket protection is a joke”

Written on: 26/04/2022 by ffKrause186 (1 review written)

I bought tickets in august to see Andre Rieu, for myself, sister and elderly mum. I got ticket protection as it was still about 8 months prior to the show.
Fast forward to feb/ March.
My mum is 86, an health wise has deteriorated, mobility is now quite poor.
I rang ticket factory to explain and to ask if I could have a refund as we would not be going know. The young man who answered was lovely and reassuring. He said that I had to go through booking.com for a refund, but due to show being almost sold out that there should be no problems.
I eventually got through to booking .com. The young lady was completely disinterested, bordering rude.
I explained the situation, she asked what was wrong with my mum. I told her there was nothing specific other than general deterioration that comes with being old. She stated that I had to download a medical form as there needed to be a paper trail, ( I completely understand about form ).
I said that’s fine but it’s a case of general old age, not a proper diagnosis. She made it obvious she wasn’t interested and couldn’t wait to get off phone.
I have been trying to speak to someone else, but the countless phone calls have been to an answerphone telling what number in the queue I am, then after 15-20 mins terminates the call, saying there is no operatives to answer call.
I begrudgingly put tickets for sale on Twickets, nothing yet. But if they don’t sell by Saturday I will loose all of £303.00 .
The stress this has caused has made me ill. I thought ticket protection was a good idea, in case of anything going wrong. Just be aware if you purchase this with your tickets, it doesn’t automatically cover you.

• Customer service