Poor experience for elderly person

EmmaleeNorris127's review of Boots Opticians - www.boots.com/en/Opticians

“Poor experience for elderly person”

Written on: 30/01/2022 by EmmaleeNorris127 (1 review written)

I am a pensioner. I arranged an appointment for 3pm at my local boots (High wycombe) and received 2 confirmatory texts of the appointment time. I turned up at 3pm and was turned away and told my appointment was at 3.45. There was no where to go and wait - i tried to explain i had received confirmatory texts however these were not accepted. I found this very distressing. Once i had my appointment i ordered 3 pairs of glasses for 2 on a specials offer. i received 2 pairs and had to chase for the third - i received no confirmation (as i was told i would) when these arrived in the store,. I had to take an extra journey and go on in person to find these.
The whole experience was very poor and upsetting. I wa made to feel as if I was a nuisance and did not feel respected by the staff. I will not be using Boots again for my regular eye checks and do not recommend them to others.

• £120