Don't waste your precious time

From 1 review

Joff's review of VOXI Mobile

“Don't waste your precious time”

Written on: 08/06/2019 by Joff (22 reviews written)

I have been particularly happy with Smarty but having moved, the three network it piggy backs is not great indoors. So I decided to give VOXI a go. I sent off for my SIM and received it in 2 days. All good so far I thought until it came to pay and activate. I paid my £10 by Paypal then inserted the sim card. The phone which is not locked and never has been started with an error code relating to media which would not go away. I put my old sim in and all was fine. I tried again with VOXI and the same thing happened. I tried with my children's ee network sims and vodafone sims and all was OK so i was satisfied it was the VOXI sim.

I tried to contact them on their web-chat and you need to put a phone number in. I have no phone number, just a serial number for the SIM. My daughter rang Vodafone and explained the problem as VOXI piggy backs their network. There was nothing the Vodafone agent could do but he did at least advise that we put 11 zeros in the phone number portion on the web-chat. Hey presto, it worked! Then I was informed that the agents are busy dealing with other customers but I will be helped shortly......35 minutes later and many other attempts, no answer. I have thrown the sim in the bin, cancelled the monthly auto renew and have now contacted paypal!

Be warned....i wasted 2 hours of my life all together trying to sort out something with a company that clearly has major issues!