Shocking customer services

• Signal Coverage

StephenRussell2020's review of TalkTalk - www.talktalk.co.uk

“Shocking customer services”

Written on: 18/03/2022 by StephenRussell2020 (2 reviews written)

I was a TalkTalk customer for a short while. The UK based sales phone lines showed professionalism and drew me in to what was a false sense of security about the company. Calls are answered quickly and the staff are well spoken and polite. I am not going to write much of anything about the quality of service but in my experience it was bad from the off. The issue I want to draw people's attention to is the quality of after sales, mainly their customer services.

I waited around 22 minutes to speak with customer services the first time I called which was a day after they had provided their internet service to me. When the first person answered the phone, it was clear that we had a bad line which was quiet and had lots of delay. The lady on the phone was clearly struggling with the English language and it was at this point that I realised that TalkTalks customer services had been farmed out on the cheap to the Philippines. However hard this lady tried, she could understand my clear English accent and I ended up having to spell my address out for her which she constantly wrote down incorrectly. I was eventually cut of the call after around 33 minutes of getting absolutely nowhere. On phoning back, it took around 16 minutes to speak with a gentlemen using a similarly quiet and distorted line with an even more troubling delay between voices. I could say a few words before I heard my own voice coming back at me, presumably from the headset he was wearing. The quality of the sales team is leaps and bounds away from the reality of their customer services and in saving TalkTalk money by being cheap, they put us through a long winded and painful process as a consequence.

To cut a long story short, TalkTalk are probably the worst version of modern day customer services that I have experience in my life and that is coming from someone who is rarely impressed by customer services. It's almost impossible to get anything done with them and in many ways, I feel annoyed that TalkTalk think it's okay to take money off of British people then send it abroad to pay for for foreign workers who work for a fraction of our wages. Not only does this make the whole experience for us a miserable one but it is not in the current spirit of British jobs for British people. I know TalkTalk aren't the only ones that do or have done this to British workers but they are currently among the last to do it as other more savvy companies have realised the damage this does to their reputation.

If you want a service that works and is reliable then walk away. I'm not the only example of how dysfunctional TalkTalk's services are. Their equipment is cheap and they don't have their own network anyway. They just jump on the back of BT's equipment then give you an awful router that falls over all the time. Do yourselves a favour and don't support this woefully under performing company who at their heart are anti-British workers

• 0 - 6 Months