ID Mobile - a shoddy service that trashes your credit score!

• Signal Coverage

BrinnyBiker's review of iD Mobile - www.idmobile.co.uk

“ID Mobile - a shoddy service that trashes your credit...”

Written on: 27/05/2017 by BrinnyBiker (19 reviews written)

If I could award a negative star rating, ID Mobile would get it, and they would deserve it.

I chose to buy a SIM only contract for my rubber brick phone. Not needing data I opted for a few hundred minutes and unlimited texts for the princely sum of £4 a month. Marvellous value you might think but appearances can be deceiving.

When the SIM arrived I quickly discovered that the service from the three network that ID Mobile piggy back on was none existent for my 2G phone at my location. Several calls later to some call centre on the other side of the world the response was essentially, 'tough'. At that point the account was 9 days old and so in line with the Consumer Contract regulations I terminated the account inside the 14 day cooling off period. ID Mobile didn't ask for any money at that point and given their terms and conditions say that if you disconnect inside the 14 day cooling off period you will not be charged, I didn't expect them to either. I thought that would be the end of that.

Fast forward a year and I discover that not only was it not the end of that, ID Mobile had gone and registered a default on my credit file for the massive sum of £4.00, which had the side effect of trashing my credit score. It has to be said that ID had no grounds or legal right to do this and their attitude of we'll do the bare minimum to fix it and we don't care about the problems we've caused you sums up the whole experience.

In the end I got a similar deal with LIFE who morphed into plusnet mobile. No hassle with the account and the phone works everywhere.

So, avoid ID Mobile like the plague, or any other infectious disease that comes to mind because the end result's the same. They'll make you sick!

• Signal Coverage