Completely useless customer services

• Signal Coverage

Madmoz's review of 3 Mobile www.three.co.uk

“Completely useless customer services”

Written on: 28/08/2019 by Madmoz (1 review written)

I had been with Three for some years and found it reliable and cost effective despite some signal drop out issues. I had a £10 per month unlimited texts and calls and 4GB data plan which suited me fine. That was until I got a letter from Three to say that, since my 12month contract had finished they were changing me to a monthly rolling contract for the same service but at £14 per month!!!

I went to my local Three store (Bloomfields Shopping Centre, Bangor, Northern Ireland) and spoke with the store manager, a most unhelpful individual. He told me, quite plainly, that my options were to take it or leave the network. I chose to leave the network but now wish I hadn't.

I found a deal with SMARTY, a wholly owned division of Three, giving me what I had at the price I had been paying and with a monthly contract. I initiated the changeover but quickly ran into issues, not least with their useless customer services agents. I instructed them to terminate the transfer process as they had frustrated me. They assured me it was terminated and I resolved to find another deal.

But they hadn't terminated, the transfer carried on and I was cut off from Three then cut off from SMARTY and left with no service! I had to go back to Three on a whole new deal and get a PAC code from SMARTY to get my old number back.

I gave the PAC code to Three, was told the usual 1 to two business days for transfer and waited. Nothing happened. I contacted Three customer services (SAVE ME from Indian call centres!!) to be told there had been "an issue" with the PAC code so they started again. Three days later, still no transfer so I called them again. Another "issue" with the PAC code so it was started again!

Now, after the third attempt, it's still not done!! And their customer services do nothing but ask the same questions again and again and make the same empty promises again and again. And so, 7 days later, I still have not had my original number transferred back. USELESS!

• Over 1 Year