Awful Distressed Inconvenienced

Kirkw00d48's review of John Lewis Home Insurance - www.johnlewis-insurance.com

“Awful Distressed Inconvenienced”

Written on: 11/03/2016 by Kirkw00d48 (2 reviews written)

Bought John Lewis Home Insurance around October 2015 after hearing great reviews. My experience not so great. The insurance team absolutely can't fault them but the underwriters Royal Sun Alliance who I even have shares with!!! NOT GREAT. Burst cold water pipe on 2nd February still not resolved and as from Tuesday 15th March will be 6 weeks since we had a leak from cold water pipe from our bedroom into our living room and remains unresolved as they want us to accept 'patch' job. Not impressed. I complained about assessor but they sent email to him! REALLY! So 2nd complaint to CEO on 8th March 2016 asking for resolution in 48 hours not materialised not even courteous call to say can't answer so disappointed. Not slept in our own bed for 5 weeks, my back in agony, shoulder pain like I've never experienced! Going to doctor as far rather give birth than suffer this inconvenience, pain and distress we are in. Would you take out Insurance now! Never again as my first claim and assessor - well REALLY!

Not only that the new carpet delivered on the 2nd February lying down full length of stairs as can't be laid due to holes in bedroom floor - old carpet was lifted prior to leak occurring so has not been included in my claim - but the new carpet that is starting to warp on the stairs and may never be able to be used - may need claimed for.
Disgusted......