Appaling service from a "trusted name": AVOID!

angelos's review of John Lewis Home Insurance - www.johnlewis-insurance.com

“Appaling service from a "trusted name": AVOID!”

Written on: 29/11/2015 by angelos (5 reviews written)

Serves me right, I suppose, for opting for a “trusted name”! I should have got the hint when they messed up the original contract documents…Anyway, I had a leak off the roof in September, so I contacted them: they sent a “roofer” who went up and proceeded in plodding all over the tiles moving them about and cracking some (I could hear the snaps and scrapes from inside the house!), before declaring the leak fixed. With the first rain, it became apparent that the leak was not only not fixed, but was much worse. JL then sent another roofer who started by pointing out the damage and mistakes of the first! They then again declared the leak fixed. The following week I also received an unsolicited quote from them offering to fix the leak!! I again contacted JL to complain about this and about the fact that the leak persisted. They sent a third roofer, who ended up finding the original cause for the leak and also telling me that my roof had sustained a fair bit of damage from previous attempts to trace and access. I passed this on to the JL “customer services” department demanding repair of the roof as well as explanations for the poor service. The complaint handler told me that, although she would try to help, I was not to “get my hopes up”, like as if I was asking for a favour. It is now over 5 weeks and I have still not had the complaint resolved. I wish I had read some of the reviews before I took out the policy…

• Currently Claiming