POOR SERVICE FROM JOHN LEWIS

RICHARDHUGHES1001's review of John Lewis Home Insurance - www.johnlewis-insurance.com

“POOR SERVICE FROM JOHN LEWIS”

Written on: 19/11/2014 by RICHARDHUGHES1001 (4 reviews written)

It is that time of year again when I had to get my house insurance renewed. After a disaster with Sainsbury's insurance last year I wanted some one with a good reputation. I thought I would take a look at John Lewis.

I obtained the quote which was higher, that was to be expected and not a problem, particularly when I was told they would price match. I agreed to go ahead and was told they would send the documents out to me. I waited a week, but nothing came through. So I called back and asked what was going on. I received an apology and it was at this point that it was explained to me that I would have to pay the whole premium and only receive the money back after I had sent in my old renewal. I was happy to provide the renewal, but not to pay before they agree to the premium.

I was given an email address to send the renewal through to have it checked. But the email came back. I called and got another email, but the email came back. I called again and the email came back. I was given a personnel email, but that came back.

Frankly I would not deal with anyone who a. would not agree a premium before you signed a contract and for them to make it that difficult to deal with them sends out lots of alarm bells about what they will be like to deal with if you had a claim. My advice is to stay well clear. If you want good service and an excellent policy I would recommend NFU Mutual and for a good policy and price try Nationwide.