Terrible experience

patmahoney's review of Domestic and General Insurance

“Terrible experience”

Written on: 19/09/2020 by patmahoney (1 review written)

I have to give Domestic and General a 1* review after my recent experience.
My washing machine door developed a fault so I contacted D&G early July. A Bosch engineer came and said it was unlikely that a replacement door could be found. A week later Bosch informed me that it was a write off. I contacted D&G to inform them. I was told that someone would get back to me.
This did not happen and I had to make many phone calls, sometimes waiting 45 minutes to get through, and send many emails, which were not answered. On one occasion I was speaking to someone in Customer Service who hung up on me.
I also had a query regarding money I was owed from a policy for a cooker I did not possess. I got no response for this query either
Eventually I was contacted by someone from their resolution team who apologised profusely, said I would get an email with choices of Washing Machine to choose from, and someone from the Senior Resolution team would contact me in a matter of days. None of this happened. I phoned again a week later, and was told someone would get back to me. This did not happen either.
I decided to email to the CEO of the company, regarding this matter. Needless to say, I got no response. Twelve days later I phoned D&G and asked to speak to him. I was told I could not be put through to him but would be put through to the Senior Resolution Team. I said that this was the Team I wished to complain about!
I eventually spoke to someone from this team who apologised profusely (again), arranged the new washing machine and explained the query regarding the money I was owed.
I felt I was due compensation for the stress I had experienced trying to get my Washing Machine sorted. A faulty washing machine for 2 months, no response to my emails, no promised phone backs and being cut off when talking to Customer Service. I was informed I would get 2 months payments I had paid refunded (which I felt I was entitled to anyway) and the insulting sum of £25 compensation for the problems I had been facing.
Besides posting this here, I sent a copy by post to D&G’s CEO to see if he had the courtesy to reply to me. He didn't