Not Recommended

• Customer service

JessicaLittle's review of The Health Insurance Specialists www.healthinsurancespecialists.co.uk

“Not Recommended ”

Written on: 13/01/2021 by JessicaLittle (1 review written)

Not Recommended

The Health Insurance Specialists persuaded me to move from my Health Insurance Provider Aviva to National Friendly by offering extremely attractive terms which were: -

Lower monthly premiums for better cover.

Monthly premiums that would not increase for the next five years even if I were to make a claim and that the only monthly price increase at renewal would be due to age and that the increase would only be between £2.00 to £4.00 per month. I was categorically informed verbally and in writing of this benefit.

At the annual premium review after year one, my monthly premium increased by nearly 20% despite no changes in circumstances and no claims.

When I complained to National Friendly and sent them a copy of the ‘attractive terms’ offered by their broker The Health Insurance Specialists, they replied ‘that they were disappointed to read the content as it contained a number of inaccurate points and that they were sorry that I was provided with this information’.

I am not blaming National Friendly who promptly dealt with my complaint and replied in a very timely manner, but they should accept some responsibility as it was their broker who was representing them to get the sale.

National Friendly suggested I contact the broker directly for them to review and respond to my complaint and take any appropriate action to put things right for me, which I did but despite
several emails and telephone calls to The Health Insurance Specialists I have not had either an acknowledgement or the courtesy of a reply and therefore have had no choice but leave negative reviews on social media and online review platforms.

I have also referred my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman and in the unlikely event that my complaint is not upheld, I will not hesitate to take further legal action through the courts.

I would suggest you avoid The Health Insurance Specialists at all costs.

Have you made a claim?