1 Website falls over frequently. 2 What dental report?

• Customer service

TechnoPrisoners's review of Pru Health

“1 Website falls over frequently. 2 What dental report?”

Written on: 23/11/2015 by TechnoPrisoners (2 reviews written)

I have tried to update my personal health check on the Pru Vitality website several times on different dates so that I can claim "vitality points" which count towards discounted premiums. Very hit and miss. After spending however long it takes to enter the details, the website often throws up a message asking me to try again as they are experiencing technical problems. Very frustrating and a waste of time. What are they going to be like when it comes to administering a claim if they can't even administer their own website?

A second point: I submitted a "vitality points" claim for my most recent routine dental check up as per the form on their web page. i.e. when, where, by which dentist and the outcome. Pru have now sent me an email asking me to send them a pdf or jpg of "the report" from the check-up. I have been going to NHS dentists for a routine check-up every 6 months for 55 years and have never been given a report. You are either asked to make an appointment for treatment or not. Which NHS dentistry service are Pru using? Do they expect dentists to start issuing reports to say that a patient attended for a check-up but no treatment was required? It's just bureacratic nonsense.

I am thinking of changing to a provider which has got it's act together as I'm not prepared to be an unpaid clerk for Pru.

Have you made a claim?

Samshah's Response to TechnoPrisoners's Review

Written on: 07/09/2016

I had a similar issue with trying to prove I am a non-smoker. I have never smoked, but according to Vitality I was a smoker. I was told I would have to pay £100 for a test to prove it, in order to save £60 on my policy! My response was to cancel.