I would not recommend this to an enemy

• Customer service

Blackwell215's review of Cigna Medical Health Insurance

“I would not recommend this to an enemy”

Written on: 24/03/2022 by Blackwell215 (1 review written)

In November I had pneumonia after having COVID. I mistakenly had home health care rather than go to a hospital as the home health care is much cheaper. I am located in Mexico and there is no deductible or other cost so it was only to save the insurance company and ultimately the company I work for money.

Of the large number of claims I had to manually load as no one in Mexico takes insurance let alone Cigna Insurance they paid a few of them and then rejected the two largest ones - $1,400 and $1,260. They have given various reasons for the rejections and every time I fixed what was supposedly wrong they have found a different excuse until it got to the place there is nothing more I can correct.

They now claim that all of Mexico uses the ICD coding system. Calling my various medical providers they don't even know what ICD is let alone use it.

On one phone call I spent 2 hours and 19 minutes going over just one of the claims. It was finally determined that the rep on the other end of the phone did not have the correct receipt in her hand. How in the world do you spend over 2 hours talking and making statements on the wrong receipt.

Have you made a claim?