Catchment area if you live within 2 hours

• Customer service

802160681's review of Benenden Healthcare Health Insurance

“Catchment area if you live within 2 hours”

Written on: 31/08/2019 by 802160681 (1 review written)

Been a member for over 30 years and used to work for me fine.Used the hospital twice in the the last couple of years and they have changed their policy and I am unhappy that they now require me to attend the hospital instead of using a local consultant and claiming money back because I live within 2 hours of the hospital (71 miles away and supposedly 1hour 35 mins to get there by car ,if you have one that is),they don’t mention how long it takes by train!Both journeys were a nightmare there and back and took a lot longer than the 2 hours they state it should take.the last one took nearly 3 hours for a 10 minute appointment,at least 20 minutes are gone on the dart ford crossing.Been trying to challenge the time it takes from home with no luck. Feel hard done by and people who live nearer have an unfair advantage.My wife refuses to use the hospital because of the journey. Very disappointed as the hospital facilities look great.I imagine there are many in my position who are paying for this service without knowing about this and will be bringing this up to all members of Bt who I work for. Not happy!!!!

Have you made a claim?