Avoid at all costs!

• Customer service

adwilliams20022020's review of AXA PPP Health Insurance www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

“Avoid at all costs!”

Written on: 20/11/2020 by adwilliams20022020 (1 review written)

Awful! I wouldn't give it one star! Do not accept a policy with Axa. I had ongoing claim and treatment was postponed due to Covid 19, Global pandemic. When treatment was suspended I contacted Axa given the unusual circumstances surrounding a Global Pandemic and I was told that they would put on hold my treatment which was already funded under my policy. When treatment was able to be resumed in October, I again contacted Axa to confirm first if sessions and treatment would still be covered, which they confirmed in writing they would be covering the remainder of the 5 sessions and had to be concluded within three months. I commenced sessions as advised and had two to date, however the treatment provider was unable to submit invoices or get paid as apparently my company has moved provider. I have challenged this with Axa given sessions where funding was approved in January 2020 for treatment only to go on hold due to Covid and where they had confirmed more than once they would honor the sessions and also gave me the greenlight to proceed with treatment, instead now hiding behind their standard "terms and conditions" and not acknowledging their own mistake and errors, especially when they agreed for me to proceed with the sessions. Which has now left me with a hefty medical bill to pay myself as new health care provider won't cover as pre-existing treatment. So big company with a net worth of $10.3bn is deferring paying a couple of medical invoices, hiding behind standard terms and conditions and reneging on their agreements with no flexibility in light of a situation which has changed and scared the world irrevocably.

If you take an Axa Health Policy, make sure you have a full legal degree to understand their lengthy and convoluted Terms and Conditions in their policy handbook and also have some money in reserve for when they decide to refuse payment on a technicality, even though you might have in writing from them direct an agreement to fund treatment.

Be warned everyone! Stay away. There is a reason they're worth $10.3bn, they'll happily take you cash but not so keen to pay it out.

Have you made a claim?