Appalling Customer Service & Treatment

MalusCalibur's review of RED Driving School

“Appalling Customer Service and Treatment”

Written on: 14/02/2018 by MalusCalibur (1 review written)

I find myself amazed and frankly disgusted by the way I was treated by this organisation throughout my time with them, an experience that made it clear that their priority is not custoemr satisfaction or retention.

My first instructor all but gave up on me when it became apparent he did not see his teaching style as compatible with me; despite a direct conversation we had about the matter where we agreed to continue, he changed his mind after the fact without telling me himself, forcing me to essentially 'start over' with a new instructor.

The second instructor, through no fault of their own, suffered a personal trauma that prevented them from continuing our lessons in the December/January period, but left me completely unaware of how things were to proceed beyond the first 'batch' of cancelled lessons until I (rather awkwardly) had to pursue the matter via text message, only to find out that they were out of action indefinitely, leading me to require another new instructor.

This third instructor really was the culmination, however: after he mistakenly booked an incorrect time for a lesson, he lied about his non-existent attempts to let me know he had arrived at a time I was not expecting him, failed to communicate directly with me after I reported the matter to the head office (despite me being asked to provide a mobile number so he could do precisely that), and behaved unpleasantly during a following lesson owing to the existence of a formal dispute I had then been forced to open - which, as it turns out, had Red siding entirely with the instructor, citing a 'lack of evidence' for his failures to communicate and evidently giving the benefit of the doubt to him rather than to their customer.

I remain 100% certain that the time I understood the original lesson was booked for was correct, there were two people including myself present at the incorrect time who would have heard the knock at the door that the instructor falsely claimed he made, and no effort was made by the instructor to contact me prior to the formal dispute - yet none of this matters to Red who charged me regardless.

I persisted for far longer with Red than was warranted, and have regretted every concession I have made for them. Their attitude towards paying customers is not acceptable and, in the final case here, frankly insulting. Steer clear of this company if you want any kind of competence or customer service, because you will find neither with Red.

By Red Driving School

Written on: 16/02/2018

Thank you for your candid feedback all if which is noted and will help us to try harder. I wish you well with any future lessons and trust you will eventually achieve your goal.