Jayne Sorrell from Ignition: review

fraser.al.morris's review of Ignition Driving School - www.driving-lesson.co.uk

“Jayne Sorrell from Ignition: review”

Written on: 14/08/2012 by fraser.al.morris (1 review written)

Upon turning 17, I was advised by a member of family to contact Jayne Sorrell from Ignition to begin my driving lessons. I am very happy I did so as Jayne was brilliant. Being very eager but also very nervous to sit behind the steering wheel for the first time, Jayne's very relaxed approach made the daunting experience considerably easier. She was very reassuring and (rightfully) insisted that with time I would be able to drive confidently and safely despite my great anxieties about roundabouts and driving in traffic.

When practicing the dreaded manoeuvres, Jayne provided me with simple instructions which worked very effectively and allowed me to execute them with control and precision. I searched online for additional methods on executing manoeuvres and everything I found seemed considerably convoluted in comparison. Jayne's methods were memorable, simple and, most significantly, spot on.

With regards to preparing for my test, Jayne took me round many of the different test routes which was so helpful as it eliminated any nasty surprises. On my actual test I had to execute a very sharp and narrow left turn and turn at a very steep junction. If I had not practiced this with Jayne earlier I would have certainly panicked!

Quite significantly, Jayne was very social as well which is an invaluable asset for a driving instructor to have. She never gets irritable or frustrated when I can't do something. She had a real sense of my ability and so never gave me a challenge I didn't have the potential to complete.

Finally, I cannot overstate Jayne's significance in improving my driving. I used to stall at roundabouts and when emerging at junctions in my early lessons but with Jayne's excellent tutelage my driving became much more considered, controlled and fluid. I now feel confident when out on the roads and now can't wait to get my own car.

I'd definitely recommend Jayne to a friend as my driving lessons with her felt like a leisure activity rather than simply a means to an end.

Passed test -