After they have the money they don’t care about you

Constantin86's review of HGV Training Centre - www.hgvtrainingcentre.co.uk

“After they have the money they don’t care about you”

Written on: 28/06/2022 by Constantin86 (2 reviews written)

In October 2020 I have decided to change my career and to book for a full course class 2, class 1 and CPC to get the lory driving license for a better paid job. I have paid all the money in advance £3100 and I have started the procedures. First part with the medical revision and the changing of my driving license was good, but the bad part came when I had to be booked for the theory test, it was postponed 3 times, I understand it was the Covid and I was ok with that. I have manage to take the theory test in May 2021. After this I had to wait 3 months for the Class2 lessons, even if I was in London was hard for me to believe that was so hard to find a spot. The instructor that I had didn’t paid to much attention and didn’t teach me to many things, most of the time was speaking on the phone and playing games on the phone wiles I was driving :I don’t need to teach you many things, you have the basics from B category, now you need to learn the skills to drive something bigger”. The hours of driving have been shortened with at least 30 min every day, I have addressed this to the HGV Training Centre but they said it was my responsibility to check and speak with the instructor. I didn’t pass the Class 2 driving test, and I was asking for a retest date, every month, the same answer “ there are no dates available”. I had to wait for another 5 months to hear from them when I have asked my money for the Class 1 training that I have already paid. In the meantime I moved from London in Nottinghamshire and because the laws have changed, I was able to go straight to Class 1 training, but again I had to wait other 4 months. The company that they booked for me had the head quarter in Coventry, and our meeting point was in Leicester, where I had to wait every day for the lorry at leas 30 min before the hour that was agreed. From 4 days that I had booked, I did only 3 days, because on the 4th day they book the reverse ( that was practiced only on the 3rd day) the uncoupling-coupling test( that they showed me once and they put me to do once in the last moments of day 3) and the driving test. I didn’t reach at the driving test because I failed at the uncoupling-coupling test, I wouldn’t expect to pass it when the first time was showed to me in rush and I did the same in rush only once because the day was finished. I need to mention that I had to travel for the test in Northampton, so I did driving practice in Leicester, reverse in Coventry, and test in Northampton early in the morning at 8, and I had to travel all away from Mansfield.
After all stated above my opinion is that when you book trough an agency they don’t care about how good you are trained, and the companies that they are booking for you they don’t care about you either because you didn’t booked directly with them. They only want you to fail so next time you go straight to them to pay them directly and maybe the second time they will pay attention to you. For the Class 1 training I had in the first day an instructor, second and the 3rd day another, and at the test another one.
I have raised all of this to HGV Training Centre when they asked me how it was at the test and nobody came back to me. At the end I was trained 3 days from 4, and it was clearly that I didn’t received any he service that I have paid for.
In conclusion, open your eyes wide and do more research when you want to get the lorry driving license. Go straight to the company otherwise you will get the same treatment like me: after they will have your money, nobody cares how good you are trained and what services you receive.

Passed test -