Avoid at all costs

amoore414's review of HGV Training Centre - www.hgvtrainingcentre.co.uk

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 05/05/2021 by amoore414 (1 review written)

It is with great sadness I have to write this review in the first place. Back in November 2017 I had decided to book myself on a course with this company coming to a total cost of over £2,300. I got off to a great start preparing for my theory and enjoyed the support from my training officer both over the phone and via email.

Sadly, I lost my father due to a car accident in 2017 and completely lost focus on my training. Two years later I also lost my step mum to cancer and had much more pressing matters to deal with therefore I had put the HGV course to the back of my priorities. The year following was tough both financially and emotionally and it took me a while to get back on my feet.

In February of 2020, I had contacted the HGV training center to ask for a refund or guidance on how to continue the course, they had requested that I get a medical explanation from my doctor detailing why I was unfit to drive along with a copy of my Dad's death certificate as evidence. If I am honest, I was shocked and angry at the time so I ended the call and looked for other avenues of employment.

This week beginning 03/05/2021 I decided to give HGV Training Centre a call to discuss the possibilities of proceeding. I am aware that part of my course has expired in 2018, I am not unreasonable and would be happy to pay some sort of fee or deduction in price. I am shocked and saddened by their response. Essentially HGV Training Centre has offered no solution, no guidance, and has facilitated me in no way with regards to getting started with the course again. In fact, the only thing they could offer me, was the same course, at the same full cost.

I would like to add that I am aware business is business however, having owned my own businesses in the past I am a believer that any company should be judged solely on how they treat both current and past customers and it is clear that regardless of the circumstances unless you are providing HGV Training Centre with cash on call, they will have no interest in assisting you.

I cannot leave a review regarding the course itself as I was unable to attend but what I would suggest is avoiding this company at all costs and be aware that if you do decide to go onboard and life decides to throw a curveball at you in the way of death in the family or potentially worse do not expect ANYTHING from the HGV Training Centre. They have offered me nothing on the basis of compassionate grounds such as a discount, reduction on course costs or any words of encouragement but they have been more than happy to take and keep over £2,000.

I would like to add that one of the training centers operations Managers is one of the most professional individuals I have spoken to. He was understanding, professional, and attempted to get the best possible solution. In the end, despite what he managed to squeeze out of customer services, the cost still came in higher than the initial paid cost. I am, however, very grateful for his efforts. It seems that the individuals in the training center are better equipped to handle customers and show compassion than the people providing robot responses via email that actually performs customer service roles.

Don't make the same mistake I did.

Passed test -