Avoid like the plague!

yaGarrison144's review of 5day - www.5day.co.uk

“Avoid like the plague!”

Written on: 17/12/2020 by yaGarrison144 (1 review written)

I booked a 5day course at the north London (Barnet) site for December 2020. I arrived and was very surprised by the number of people travelling from all over the country to the site each day to sit in a crowded, non socially distanced room for hours at a time and then take it in turns in the car (another confined space). I informed 5day that I felt uncomfortable about the covid transmission risk but they were not understanding in the slightest and told me that they are allowed to continue with lessons under Tier 3. No flexibility for changing my course days or refund was offered. I spoke to the managing director of the company who was extremely terse with absolutely no customer service skills or ideals. Fundamentally, the set up at 5day is unsafe and worrying for anyone concerned about catching coronavirus and they are absolutely not following the spirit of the rules - they are only concerned with squeezing what they can out of their instructors and customers.

Fundamentally, my disappointment is on two levels - firstly that I have to choose between putting myself and my family at risk and completing this course of lessons, and secondly, that the customer service and flexibility offered by 5day is non existent. Of course, all I received was an emailing outlining their « social distancing policy » from someone in Norwich - I just wish I had taken photos of the set up as proof.

Something that is also important to note for any potential customers is that 5day is just a franchise operating via self employed driving instructors. While you get a few lectures on theory, the main emphasis of theory lessons is giving you a link to a practice app. The theory teacher can answer questions but he didn’t know or understand all the answers. For potential customers, I would advise cutting the middle man and booking intensive lessons with an individual instructor and just teaching yourself the theory using a video (save yourself a trip to the superspreader covid hotbed). Individual instructors will also be far more understanding in the event of something like this happening or illness, changed circumstances, etc. 5day on the other hand have no human compassion and are incredibly unhelpful and belittling in their interactions with customers.

Passed test -