Online offer of £14k & when I went to them offered £8kAVOI

• Customer service

multipla70's review of We Buy Any Car - www.webuyanycar.com

“Online offer of £14k and when I went to them offered...”

Written on: 11/09/2021 by multipla70 (1 review written)

Done online valuation on my 65 reg plate Mitsubishi outlander phev mentioning the passenger side door dent and got a quote of £14141.
Went to their location next day any guy offered me £8k saying I done twice/year Mot so the car is minicab car.
Told him he's wrong and he's got wrong information. As an Interpreter I'm driving a lot up and down the country and I'm sharing the car with my wife so to make sure we are safe and rely on the car I'm doing the mot twice/ year. I just found out with this occasion that minicab cars are doing the same ( mot twice/year).
I mentioned to the guy to have a look on the car in and out so he can see the immaculate condition exept of the dent and he told me he can offer me £8k.
When I asked him why they are waisting people's time been a sham he offered me £10k and asked me how much I want for my car.
He was completely unprofessional like the whole company beeing of waist of time.
Car is in immaculate condition inside with full independent service history with 2 keys.
AVOID THEM AS THEY ARE TRYING TO WAIST YOUR TIME AND KNOCK DOWN THE PRICE A LOT.
UNFORTUNATELY FOR THEM I HAVE KNOWLEDGE IN TERMS OF CARS ALSO APART OF my job so they can not cheat me and trying to make of huge profits by cheating others. I assume what I'm saying cause this is the reality, they are cheating people thinking most of people don't have knowledge in terms of cars. This should be stopped as a practice as they are misleading people and trying to make huge profits.

• Customer service

Rac1234's Response to multipla70's Review

Written on: 13/09/2021

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on We buy anycar.com.
I had a similar experience with my car.
Offer was good, until I got to the garage.
Then very low price actually offered.
Don’t waste your time and energy with this company.