Select Prestige Motor Company, Ipswich www.selectprestigemotorcompany.co.uk Review

• Customer service

Kristind283's review of Select Prestige Motor Company, Ipswich www.selectprestigemotorcompany.co.uk

“Buyer Beware when dealing with this company. I have...”

Written on: 19/07/2019 by Kristind283 (1 review written)

Buyer Beware when dealing with this company. I have never ever in my life came across a man that can roll so many stories of the tip of his tongue!

Having previously owned a vehicle like this many years back, i decided i would like another as a modern classic car to own for years to come.

Having sourced one in the models, spec and colour etc of what i wanted i decided to contact this company to ask some questions relating to history and condition.

The company website gave me some reassurance into making my purchase as it looked ever so professional and made the company out to be something it certainly wasn't.

Having spoke to the owner directly i traveled from Newcastle to Ipswitch to collect what was described as a concourse car in pristine condition and without fault.

on arrival things were different and looking pretty ugly if i must say but the stories continued and the rubbish rolled out fluently from the mans mouth!

to highlight a few issues read the following.

1. Paint and Panel

I asked "has the car had any form of body repair work in terms of panel damage, paintwork, dents or rust etc"?

I was told the car had original paintwork and was blemish free with the odd very light scratch that would polish out. I had never been painted and was completely free from defects.

upon inspection the car had scratches everywhere and when pointed out his reply was, its an old car.

It was covered in dents, they were not there when you called he said.

there was issues with rust throughout the vehicle and i was told that's just happened since it has been stood and will polish off lol

front lights were damaged, fog lights faulty and rear lights leaking water.

scratches in the glass etc etc all of witch must have happened on the forecourt.

2. Interior

This then led me too the interior that had some issues.

prior to my travel i asked if the interior had any signs of significant wear or damage.

upon initial inspection i soon noticed wear to both front seats and splitting to the drivers side.

Marks on the dashboard, major wear to steering wheel and damage to the headlining from water ingress.

I did ask if the car suffered from water leaks as they are prone to leaking from the roof. I was informed that both sunroofs, rails and glass did not leak water but the sunroofs did not work as they required a new motor. I was informed the motor would be replaced prior to collection and it wasn't.

so despite an absolute pig of a car we negotiated a deal with a minimal reduction as i had traveled a long way and was prepared to rectify the minor cosmetic details.

so i agreed to take the car and started to drive home limping to the nearest garage as they had not even put £1 worth of fuel in to set me on my way.

Traveling home was an absolute nightmare as i struggled with automatic gearbox issues and a burst turbo hose resulting in recovery.

At this point i decided to take advantage of my 3 month full parts and labour warrant as advertised on the website for all vehicles over £3000.

Guess what, that was a waste of time and energy as there was no such thing as a warranty. Following a massive argument on the phone the person I dealt with agreed to offer me £500 to offset the issues and pay this into my bank account and that didn't happen either. I chased this payment up only to be told the girl who does the payments had forgot and he would inform her to action it immediately. Months later and i still haven't got it!!

i was informed the car had one previous owner and when the V5 came through it had two!

Since my return home the car has suffered with the following issues

1, The full service history book doesn't belong to my 2004 car as it started in 2002 and has another vehicles details so no service history.

2, failed faulty egr valve

3, car listed with cruise control and it doesn't have cruise control

4, car sold with 12 month MOT that was debatable so following a vosa complaint and re inspection it failed on numerous things.

5, Faulty automatic xyz switch

6, Failed sunroofs front and rear.

7, water leaking through windscreen and heated screen element not working

8, water leaking through roof resulting in significant damage to roof lining and interior

9, water leaking through rear quater light glass

10, failed battery

11, failed ecu wiring harness

12, brake issues with discs and pads,

13, 2 tyres below limit and spare slashed

14, water ingress in front fog lights, rear upper body lights and rear bumper lights

15, split drivers seat and failed electrics i .e heating element

16, No air conditioning / climate control

17, smashed mirror glass and intermittent power fold closure on door mirrors

18, vibration through steering and body from roll bar issues

19, failed rear airbag and compressor

20, active cornering enhancement bypassed and gaffered up

21, seat belts don't retract

22, rotten chassis to body outriggers

i could continue with issues but i guess you get the picture and if you read other reviews you will see a pattern of company traits emerging here.

I would think long and hard before you chose these people as they will fill you with so many stories its unreal.

I am currently in the process of making an application to court to recover the cost of this car!!

• Customer service