*AVOID AVOID*, SHARP TACTICS, UNTRUSTWORTHY, *AVOID AVOID*

• Customer service

DaveHartnoll's review of Sascron, Basingstoke

“*AVOID AVOID*, SHARP TACTICS, UNTRUSTWORTHY, *AVOID AVOID*”

Written on: 07/04/2017 by DaveHartnoll (1 review written)

I visited Sascron to view a specific car I'd seen on Autotrader. I had a p/x vehicle that they inspected and offered me £5,500 for. I had to pay a £1,000 deposit and we arranged to conclude the deal 4 days later. BIG MISTAKE! I was asked to pay the balance by bank transfer the day before collection, but as there was some work to be done I decided to wait until the pick-up so I could check it first. GOOD DECISION!

On the day, they asked to take my p/x car for a test drive. The salesman came back, ashen faced, saying "this is the worst part of my job" and then spieled some total BS story about a noise they could hear at higher speeds and would now only offer £4,000. I drove the car for over 200 motorway miles that day and the only noise was the normal engine hum the car has had for the entire 5 years I've owned it. It was total BS to try and stiff me out of more cash.

To cap it all off, they refused to refund my deposit, despite the fact that the receipt clearly states that the deposit is refundable. I really wish I'd read the other reviews on here before trusting this company. Legal action pending!

Another more reputable dealer I visited later the same day offered £6,200 p/x for my car *after inspecting it and taking it for a test drive*.

Smallblackcar999's Response to DaveHartnoll's Review

Written on: 26/10/2017

I made an appoint to view and test drive a car at Sascron. Before I left home I called again and checked the vehicles location and I was asked to confirm my name and the time of my appointment and the vehicle I was booked to see. After driving for more than two hours I arrived to be told the car was being used by a senior member of staff and was not there. The vehicle was advertised as one owner but I was told it was being used for personal use by senior staff member. In fact the vehicle now has over a thousand more miles than the original advertisement. When I said I would review my experience on line, I was told that was "Threatening Behaviour ". Shocking.