It just never ends

• Customer service

Guest's review of Peter Vardy - www.petervardy.com

“It just never ends”

Written on: 10/06/2021

There's so much to complain about it's almost funny. PV Perth Vauxhall went first, selling me a super car. But there was slippage in the order, at one point I'd overpaid by £1000 which it took weeks to get back, and when after several delays I turned up for the car they said it wasn't ready for me because they hadn't taxed it. I sat down and made it clear I wasn't leaving without it.
They sold me a service package which I wouldn't have agreed to if they'd said it was for PV garages only - I only discovered that afterwards.
I moved house, and approached PV Vaux Aberdeen for the first service to be told there was a recall, which they would deal with. The appointment was made for a couple of months later. The week before the appointment, and again the night before, they phoned to say they were missing a part, so they did only the service on the day. They suggested I take the car to PV Vaux Edinburgh for the recall. They said I had to take it somewhere that had a high voltage qualified technician. I booked it in to Edinb for a date 3 weeks later.
On arriving I found they didn't have my paperwork. They assured me it wasn't lost, it just 'was not showing in their system' on the day's job list and showed up only when they input my reg number after I pointed out I had their confirmation email with me.
They then told me it wasn't one recall but several, but the original one couldn't be done because they didn't have the same part either. Unlike Aberdeen, they hadn't tried to get in touch and warn me my trip would be partly in vain (but then of course I was - not lost- but not visible in the system). But they could do the other recall works (so why hadn't Aberdeen?) which didn't need the HV qualification. So, I logically asked, was it the job with the missing part that also needed the HV tech? No, actually, it didn't either. So none of the jobs did.
At this point it occurred to me that my local (non PV) non-HV qualified Vaux garage could order the part and do the final repair. And then the horrible realisation took hold that I HADNT NEEDED TO USE PV FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE SERVICE I'M LOCKED INTO.
I went to the beach and ate ice cream while writing this review.
Buy a car from Vardy if you like. Use them for servicing if you like. But if I have been of any assistance, I like to be helpful.

• Customer service