Simply Avoid

• Customer service

BHZMH's review of Junction 17 - www.junction17cars.co.uk

“Simply Avoid”

Written on: 27/09/2021 by BHZMH (1 review written)

At absolute breaking point with this garage. Going to seek legal advice as well as informing Trading Standards. If I could give a minus rating, I would.

We bought a Discovery Sport at the beginning of August. From the moment we drove the car away, customer service became non existent. The person I dealt with has treated us appallingly and Junction 17 should be totally embarrassed. I am presently calling hourly where I am told consistently that the people I want to speak to are always on the telephone. It is impossible to get past reception. The men are hiding behind these poor ladies having to deal with irate calls.

I have called many many times in order to sort out the following:-

1. Spare set of keys
2. Paperwork which confirms what was actually carried out on the ‘interim service’.
3. ‘Service Needed’ light on dashboard.

I was told by the receptionist the person I dealt with and also the Manager that the key had be sent by recorded delivery. The dates of when this key was actually posted changed 3 times! He also stated he would message me the tracking number. This never materialised!

I was promised by the person I dealt with on many occasions that he would email me the work that was carried out on the service. I have a text message trail to confirm this. The email never arrived.

I also spoke to both Manager and the person I dealt with that the Diesel Exhaust Fluid Liquid light on the dashboard had lit up. The Manager tried to persuade me that this light comes on every 100 miles or so and it had lit up because my husband had driven from Peterborough to Aldershot! Absolute nonsense! This was supposed to have been checked on the service and wasn’t. They confirmed this.

I do believe that a service has not been carried out on our vehicle we purchased from Junction 17 as why would they not send the paperwork through? I am going to a TRUSTED local garage to confirm whether a service has been done. I’m sure the results will be a disturbing read.

The Manager also promised to find a local garage to switch off the Service Needed light. He never got back to me even though he stated that he knew our area well.

I am very confused how Junction 17 even manage to run a business like this. DO NOT be fooled by the attractive and expensive cars on show. There are better, more reputable garages around and I only wish I had done our research a little more prudently before purchasing this vehicle from this company.

FURTHER UPDATE
We part exchanged our car with this garage and we have now received UNPAID TOLL CHARGE NOTICES 5 weeks after we traded it in totalling over £100! These unpaid toll fees are from Tyne Tunnels! Could this get any worse?

• Customer service