Avoid Avoid Avoid

• Customer service

rebeccalinton's review of Fort Used Car Centre, Birmingham

“Avoid Avoid Avoid”

Written on: 21/09/2020 by rebeccalinton (1 review written)

Firstly I would like to say how disappointed my husband and I are with the terrible customer service we have received from the Fort Used Car Centre . The complete lack of communication and fobbing off we have experienced is absolutely diabolical.

After our conversation with the person we dealt with on Saturday afternoon which was prompted by my call I was sick to my stomach at the way I was spoken to by him and the fact that he thought it was acceptable for him to dictate the next course of action without discussion or consultation with us and that we would just have to accept it.

My husband and I have discussed at length his offer to refund the price we paid for the ML along with my number plate retention fee however this offer is not acceptable. We want the oil leak fixed as promised.

He stated that by law he has to make sure we are in the same position we were in before the purchase of the ML however unless he plans on getting the car I part exchanged back as well as refunding the money we paid for the ML this is not possible. Even if we were reimbursed for the cost of the ML and number plate retention cost we will still not have a car and after our experience we would not have another car from yourselves. We have also made additional purchases for the ML including personalised car matts and new side steps alongside other accessories which in turn will leave us out of pocket.

From paying the deposit for the ML we had to wait 3 weeks before the car was ready for final purchase. We were going to walk away as we had found another vehicle but when we arrived at the Fort and advised of our decision (we couldn’t find the other person straight away) he wasn’t very happy and told us the vehicle was prepped and ready to go. Ian then arrived and pleaded with us to continue with the purchase. My husband advised he had a few concerns namely the clanking sound on start up and the historical oil leak as shown in a previous MOT failure and the key not working properly. He proceeded to ask us how he could make the sale happen we said we needed a second key and the oil leak sorting. We were told “we will fix the problem”.

It was a further week before the car was ready for collection and the supposed oil leak rectified. After making the final purchase and getting the car home within two days it was clear there was still an oil leak. I advised him and he booked the car in. We then had to wait 3 days before we were told the problem was rectified. Once again after a couple of days it was clear we still had a problem. We let him know and he booked it in for repair on 21st September (TODAY at Wood Lane) however after conversations with my husband we decided we wanted a thorough diagnostic by a Mercedes specialist.

Once the diagnostic was completed the specialist was able to pin point the issue and advised on works needed to rectify the issue which is a common fault with this car. We were also told the car should never have been sold in this state which when I told him he agreed. I spoke to him who advised this should be covered by the Gold Warranty from auto protect and would not be an issue for the works to be completed by the specialist however this was not the case. Auto protect advised the specialist the work needed to be carried out was not covered by their warranty. However both men we dealt with told my husband and I they send so much business to Auto Protect they had clout with them and it wouldn’t be an issue to get the decision overturned. We were told to get the written quotes sent over and to book the car in with the specialist as you (Fort Used Car Centre) would make it right whether the warranty were going to cover it or not. At this point we advised we were willing to work with you (Fort Used Car Centre) on this and that we would cover the cost of the timing chain. We then went ahead and booked the car in for Tuesday 22nd September (TOMORROW) and advised you (Fort Used Car Centre) of this. This was on Wednesday 16th September.

After receiving no communication and sending texts/emails with no response I called his mobile on Saturday afternoon 19th September which was the first time I was told the warranty cover would not be overturned and that you (Fort Used Car Centre) thought paying for the repair was not “viable”.

Moving forward our proposal is that you (Fort Used Car Centre) cover the cost of the oil leak repair as promised along with the key barrel repair which was already agreed and my husband and I will pay for the timing chain. Any future repairs that may occur which are not covered by or within the warranty will be the responsibility of my husband and I.

Once again I would like to reiterate our utter disappointment and disgust in the treatment we have received.

We look forward to hearing from you as a matter of urgency.

• Customer service

Fortusedcarcentre's Response to rebeccalinton's Review

Written on: 29/10/2020

Hi, we have replied to you directly on this now, and on the other review sites where you left us a review.

We are sorry you have not had the expected experience with us, and wish you the best with your future car shop.

Fort Used Car Centre - SB