Damaged car back on sale after advised it’s off to auction!

• Customer service

1946Bowers's review of Evans Halshaw, Sunderland

“Damaged car back on sale after advised it’s off to...”

Written on: 23/01/2020 by 1946Bowers (1 review written)

Paid for the “bring the car closer to you” option after visiting Evan Halshaw Nissan Wessington Way and discussing a car located at Cardiff Evan Halshaw. We were assured this was not a problem and we paid the deposit and waited. Note at this stage the car had been advertised as having the full checks on wheels, body etc,and ready to go at a price of £8040. It had been mentioned the driver door lock was problematic, and Cardiff had assured the sales staff at Sunderland this would all be sorted. It even took a few days to hear back, so we assumed the repair was going through ok. My daughter was sorting her quotes out, and getting excited about her new car.
A few days later, received a call saying car was on its way up to us, all good. We then received a call to say the car had arrived at Sunderland with the damaged door causing a problem. We were told the car had over £1,000 of damage and the door would have to be busted open, causing a costly repair which the garage did not want to incur. They then stated the car was going off to the auctions and we could not purchase it. Our deposit was refunded. We were so dissaponted, as the time waiting, resulted in my daughter missing out on another better car, same model, cheaper price. A week later, the car we were told was off to the auction is on the website at Sunderland site, £700 more than the original advertisement, cannot believe it! The sales staff had actually said to us they could not sell the damaged car to my daughter as it was not good practice, and they would not want to pass on a problematic car to her. Looks like this car is okay for someone else to purchase at £8700? Be warned...if you go expecting a poor service, you’ll be fine, as that’s what you will get. I personally would avoid at all costs. Do your research. I wish I’d read the reviews on this link a few weeks ago, and could have saved myself and my daughter a lot of disappointment and time.
Shame on you Evan Halshaw. A business brand deserves better, and a customer deserves more....

• Customer service