Dont buy off Evans Halshaw

• Customer service

bcLawrence33's review of Evans Halshaw - www.evanshalshaw.com

“Dont buy off Evans Halshaw ”

Written on: 13/02/2020 by bcLawrence33 (1 review written)

Dont buy off Evans Halshaw!!

Waited over four weeks for a car. Ended up needing work done on it which had to go to a specialist, I agreed to wait for the car as they confirmed it would be two weeks after he had spoken to the specialist. Tried obtaining info over emails like what was picked up on the famous Evans Halshaw inspection and does it need anymore work done on it by Evans Halshaw after the specialist or what work has Evans Halshaw done to the car. which just got cast aside only answering questions they wanted to answer! Only to find out that when the car was due to come back it needed more work done to it or quote "bits & bobs" If I knew this weeks before I wouldn't have waited for the car, this cost me over £500 hiring a car which I didnt mind at the time as it was my choice until I was called a liar "as he didnt believe me for a minute"!!
Making a complaint aparently there is no other way but the manager at the branch only to get a response " well you agreed to wait for the car as the saleaman said he said it could be 2 weeks, 3weeks, 5 weeks he didnt know" so the salesman didnt mention that he confirmed a time frame of 2 week with specialist. Manager added " well we only ran over by two days" I asked if the car was ready as last I heard it was being obtained at the specialist until funds was settled & has the work been done to the car by Evans Halshaw? Managers reply " I dont know" so how as it only ran over by two days? "well your refund is in place in 3-5 working days, we will leave it there as I dont know what you want me to do about it, there is nothing I can do".
He didnt even look at the email trail until I was on the phone to him despite the salesman informing me he had seen it all!! But the managerbwasnt even aware this email was sent to him.
Have to wait for the deposit so I can get the car I found!! But there is nothing they can do about that too, seems to be a pattern.
Very poor customer service, poor communication, just interested in sales only supplying info that will string you along not the full picture!

Well done Evans Halshaw One of the biggest car dealers in the uk as I was constantly reminded!!

• Customer service