Heed my warning

• Customer service

PritchardD's review of Carscene Ltd, Norwich

“Heed my warning”

Written on: 23/05/2022 by PritchardD (1 review written)

Horrendous company to deal with, in their 40 yrs of trading (as I was constantly reminded), they clearly didn't learn what customer experience is. Arrogance and absolute zero customer care seems to be their speciality.

For some context, I had the engine management light appear 6 miles after picking the car up, this light along with another engine warning light turned out to be a costly repair involving the turbo, (costing me close to £800) one that took several weeks to resolve and the threat of court action/prompting by my finance company was needed to push Mr Sunshine at Carscene into offering any money towards the costs. I sincerely regret ever contacting these people to buy one of their cars.

There was a half hearted offer to return the car back to the dealership that same day, however, this was at 6pm and 275 miles away from my home, so entirely unfeasible. The arrogance from Carscene was shocking from the outset, telling me that the only way the repairs would be carried out was if I was to drive 275miles to get the repairs done, and then 275miles back home, ridiculous and unfeasible. They refused to collect the car, refused to honor or even acknowledge the consumer rights act and were happy to allow me to drive a car with a faulty turbo which potentially could have resulted in serious engine problems or even an accident at speed.

The AA (WMS) warranty that the car was sold with is an entirely separate joke, read their reviews for any context - about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

I did have the option of returning the car for a full refund, however I thought to try and make it easier for Carscene, that I would give them the opportunity to rectify the issues first, even offering them the ability to choose a local garage to me to do the repairs. I ended up giving Carscene 4 chances over 4 weeks to resolve the issues and as mentioned, only the threat of legal action prompted this gaggle of clowns to act.

Quite a long and unfunny joke to be honest, I seriously urge you to take heed of the bad reviews, I only wish I had read more into them before buying, this company doesn't have the first idea about customer care. Pathetic really in this day an age, picture a dodgy car salesman from the 80's and the clown that runs this shoddy firm is who you will picture.

Carscene also charge a £50 admin fee, presumably this was something they implemented in the 90's to cover the cost of paperwork, it certainly isn't something a company in 2022 should be charging - its meant to include "at least £20 of fuel"......I was directed to the closest petrol station by one of the jokers from the dealership as the car was running on fumes!

• Customer service