DIDNT REGISTER MY CAR IN MY NAME

Buy A Car - www.buyacar.co.uk
4.3
  • Customer service

Ben_90's review of Buy A Car - www.buyacar.co.uk

“DIDNT REGISTER MY CAR IN MY NAME”

written by Ben_90 on 14/11/2022

I purchased a car through buyacar in 2020. They did not register the car in my name like they said they would. I did not know this until this weekend (2 years later) when I was pulled over by the police who threatened to arrest me and tow the car away because it wasn't registered to me. This meant that my Tax direct debit also didnt renew because the car wasnt registered to anyone. I spent hours by the side of the road with the police and now I have fines to pay to the DVLA as well as £80 to register the car in my name. I emailed buyacar who have said it is not their problem and advised me to sort it out myself and that I should have checked and chased the DVLA myself when they didnt do what they said they would. Useless company who have cost me a lot of money in fines that aren't my fault. Just buy your car somewhere else they will definitely miss something somewhere.

• Customer service