New car purchase - terrible customer service

• Customer service

Guest's review of Broker4cars www.broker4cars.co.uk

“New car purchase - terrible customer service”

Written on: 22/04/2021

I ordered a new car over a year ago, with finance, just prior to covid lockdown and was expecting delivery in around 12 weeks. I know the manufacturer had factory lockdown for several weeks due to covid and hence expecting delays. Unfortunately Broker4Cars do not deal direct with dealers but via a fleet sales intermediary, who then in turn orders from a dealer. It was very difficult to get any meaningful updates, despite requesting an order number, which would have enabled me to track vie the manufacturers head office. All through the summer, nothing happened. In around October, after continuous chasing we were hoping to take delivery by christmas, but still nothing concrete. Christmas came and went, and I was told to plan for new registrations in March. Sill nothing. I was getting extremely frustrated by this time. Never able to contact directly, and could only leave messages viaa their telephone answering company. These messages were left several times a day, but never returned. Similarly, all my e-mails were ignored. Via a company house search, I did ascertain the name of a director. After massive pressure, I did manage to speak to a director. It turns out that the fleet sales intermediary ceased trading at some stage during covid lockdown. This only came to light after me pressurising Broker4cars who reluctantly contacted the dealer, who in turn advised that the intermediary had ceased trading. It appears that they dont routinely get or pursue updates on vehicle orders. If I had not applied great pressure, I would never have been given any information.
In summary when the going gets tough, the people at Broker4Cars just try and hide and hope you will go away. I did get promised at the end a call back from the director to advise the name of the dealer and wherabouts of the ordered car, in the hope I might be able to deal direct. This phone call, not surprisingly, was also never received.
In consequence, I have waited over a year for nothing to happen and it is now costing me more money to place an order with a dealer direct. I should have done this a year ago.
In essence, customer contact & service is extremely poor. Would defineitel not reccommend the broker.

• Customer service

Broker4Cars's Comment

Written on: 30/04/2021

Thank you for your review although somewhat harsh. We have supplied new cars for the last 20 years online and there are on odd occasions through no fault of our own doing that certain levels of discount can be removed from the Manufacturer and these details are highlighted in our terms and conditions which you were made aware of at point of order. Unfortunately a certain Manufacturer during COVID decided to cease dealing with Lease Companies and brokers as they believed they had a valid business sense that they could profit from diminished stocks that COVID 19 had put on the car industry . I am truly sorry that this did not work for you on this occasion, we generally do extremely well in supplying our customers with excellent discounts. Obviously due to the nature of our business and the massive discounts that are applied we are NOT obliged to divulge information about our Network of Dealership groups. Yes it will cost you more money going to a Dealer Direct , however under normal circumstances we would have delivered. Sometimes Manufacturers have their own agenda and will do anything ie disrupt broker and leasing Companies arrangements for their own profitability