Unprofessional & unethical

• Customer service

Page202's review of AZ Autos - www.azautos.co.uk

“Unprofessional and unethical”

Written on: 08/09/2015 by Page202 (1 review written)

I called the garage up in the morning about a car for sale and  I was advised it had a service history and was offered a test drive if I came up to see it.
I did a two hour journey to get there. When I inspected the car it was nothing as stated in the advert:
“great looking car inside and out” / “truly super roadster”
I then asked to look at the paperwork, there was no service book with any garage stamps, the only history was a few receipts.
I then asked to test drive it, got in the car and it had absolutely no petrol at all. I advised  the person I dealt with who said there is nothing he can do as he is there alone and has no fuel cards. I asked to speak to the manager/owner and he said I couldn’t as the owner left his mobile at the garage and he doesn’t have any other contact details for him.
The assistant then advised that he couldn’t even negotiate a deal without speaking to the owner first, but had no way to get hold of him. I told him on the phone in the morning that I would have a car to part exchange yet he was unable to process that or make the sale.
I tried to call the owner on his mobile as per his business card, however the mobile on the desk just rang. I then asked the assistant to find the owners home number, he kept me there for about 10 minutes while he looked on the computer and then said he doesn’t have one. On top of all of this, the person I dealt with was extremely unsympathetic and never once did he apologise for anything.
I also sent a text to the owner advising him of my experience and asking him why he left one person alone, who clearly is not able to make any deals.
I have received no reply from himSo I did a four hour round trip on my weekend for nothing, incurred cost, wasted my time, and was extremely inconvenienced. I think it is extremely unprofessional and unfair to make someone travel all that way for nothing.

• Customer service

D.alvarez's Comment

Written on: 21/09/2015

Hi there, I am extremely sorry to hear your experience. I did leave my mobile at work which I can only apologies about. However I did email you the next day asking if I could send a driver down to you with the car so you could test drive it, however I did not get a response. Apologies again and I hope you were able to find a car from another dealer. Best of wishes. David @ AZ Autos

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm's Comment

Written on: 24/09/2015

You did not offer to send a driver with the car to me in your email.

Nonetheless, I would not do business with you after what I experienced, unfortunately your apologies do not make up for my loss of time/money.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm's Comment

Written on: 24/09/2015

You did not offer to send a driver with the car to me in your email.

Richardson33's Comment

Written on: 03/08/2016

They did the same to me. On the advert it stated the car was excellent condition with a full service history INCLUDING paperwork. I called to confirm that the car had paperwork and was told yes, full service history with all previous MOT certificates and service invoices. I arranged to view, travelling 150+ miles. Got there and the car was in good condition (not excellent), interior needed tidying up and when the owner turned up after 5 mins, he was more interested in what car I came in! After looking around the car I found a small oil leak (rocker cover gasket) and coolant was brown/murky, yet it had just passed their thorough pre-sale inspection? I asked to see the service book and it did NOT have a full service history. No evidence of coolant ever being changed, nor the brake fluid and missing 3 regular service stamps + the stamps that were in there all looked dodgy. I questioned the owner on this and he insisted it was a full service history and that I would not find better?! Really?

I took the car for a test drive and then found the thermostat was stuck in the open position, therefore the car was not reaching optimum running temperature. We got back to the garage and asked to see the paperwork and it was at this point the owner told me the paperwork was not in his possession and that the previous owner would drop by at some point and hand it over to AZ Autos. I asked if I could speak to the previous owner by phone and was told they could not do this due to data protection?! Yes, my spider-sense was tingling. The car in question went from having full service history, to it MIGHT have full service history to NO service history as AZ Autos said the previous owner was a ''very private individual'' and didn't want his details to be known by the new owner. I've sold plenty of cars in my lifetime and never have I kept all the invoices when selling a car on. If he was so private, why did he sell the car to AZ Autos in the first place when he knew his name and address would be visible on the log-book? I then asked to see the so-called log-book (V5C registration certificate) and again, AZ Autos said they could not allow me to see it because, yes, you guessed it; data protection (because the previous owner's name and address details were on the front)! I asked: how do you expect someone to buy a car without a logbook?! I briefly mentioned that I drove 150+ miles to see the car with the cash to buy it and was told that they DO NOT ACCEPT CASH! Jesus Christ, why didn't they tell me this on the phone BEFORE I travelled? Time, fuel and money wasted.