DONT TRUST THEM TO CARE even within warranty

• Customer service

Kirstenf20's review of AvailableCar - www.availablecar.com

“DONT TRUST THEM TO CARE even within warranty”

Written on: 17/04/2019 by Kirstenf20 (1 review written)

Bought Astra 21st Jan 2019. Just used airconditioning properly today 17th Apr for first time. Doesn't work at all. Just blows ambient air.
It so happened I was passing Available car Donnington. Took it in.
Had to wait well over 20mins for after sales person. Then had 10mins of patronising fobbing off. What really angered me was the incredibly co-ndescending manner which I was spoken to by aftersales
First because I have done more than 3000 miles they are not interested. I explained I hadn't used airconditioni g since I bought it less than 3 months ago. Aircondit has not had 3000miles worth of use. He the said I should have turned it on 3 or 4 times a month to lubricate seals. (Handbook says turn on 1x month) the aircondit hasn't failed because I haven't turned it on 2x since buying! I have turned it on to demist windows a few times but as these were on very cold mornings I couldnt tell if it was working properly. Though I did think it took longer to clear window than my last car (hindsight!). Was told it had measured 7.6deg on 4th Dec. I asked if someone had switched aircondit on 3 or 4 times a month before I bought it 7 weeks later, He said it would have been tested before I collected it. I asked what did it measure on final inspection?
He said the results are keep in workshop. (Why is results from 4 Dec on computer but Jan inspection Not?)
Also if tested in a cold garage in Dec. How do they know it's working?
Inspections are not thorough as my rear windscreen wiper blades was so worn the rubber wiper was hanging off. I mentioned this to after sales guy who replied in an incredibly patronising tone. "Well did you report it to us". it's a 30mile round trip to Donnington through the whole city of Derby. So it wasnt worth the effort, I didnt report it. The point is, their inspections are not thorough enough to TRUST what they tell you.
Then he said they would take a look but they would not be regassing or repairing. The 1st date was 2 weeks. They would need to have the car all day and then said I would have to bring it in for 8:30am he was very specific and adamant I had to be there at that time. I said if you got it all day why do I need to be so punctual. He said we have a lot of bookings so I have to make my time slot. I asked why give me a specific time slot and then tell me you need the car a day? (THEY ARENT GOING TO TO DO ANY REPAIRS, JUST LOOK). to get to the other side of Derby I will need myself AND someone else,to take me home,to leave by 7:45am at latest.
And wont be back until 9:30. Then do the same later (no doubt in evening rush hour knowing they are not going to attempt to repair. I have to take a day of work! And find someone to take me home. I believe the consumer rights cover fair usage regardless of the 3month 3000mile warranty. Aircondit that has failed with next to no use will be covered. Will have to wait and see how much more of my time AVAILABLE CAR ARE GOING TO WASTE.

• Customer service

Mrunhappyangrycustomer's Comment

Written on: 02/05/2019

Well what a difference! Took car in as requested above. This time was seen quite quickly by a younger much more pleasant guy who apologised when I explained the way I had perceived to have been treated before. It seemed a genuine apology. He explained they would look at my aircon but couldn't make any promises. I had managed to arrange my work to get a job close and did early so avoiding having to take a day off but I explained I had to wait as I hadn't been able to organise a lift home ( 30mile round trip) he said he would ask the workshop to see if they could give my car priority. Within 1.5hrs he returned and said they had found the problem AND THEY WOULD FIX! He arranged for a day for me to bring in and I will get a courtesy car while they repair. If only this guy had met me 2 weeks ago instead of the arrogant patronising smug after sales git. I would have been giving at least 4 stars if not 5. Let's see what happens in 2 weeks when they take my car in? MRNOTSOUNHAPPY.