They completely shafted me!

• Customer service

AlexaBriggs's review of Arnold Clark, Oldbury, West Midlands

“They completely shafted me!”

Written on: 22/07/2021 by AlexaBriggs (1 review written)

They completely shafted me!

They agreed to sell me a van, but it needed some work doing. I told them that I needed it to take my family on holiday in two weeks. “Don’t worry” they said “it’ll be ready in two or three days”.

Then it needed more work than they thought, and it would be ready later that week.

Then some of the spare parts were going to take a bit longer, but it would be ready next week.

Then it required 15 hours of work and couldn’t get into the workshop yet, but it would be ready on Thursday.

On Wednesday it would definitely be ready tomorrow, it just needed a valet.

Now it is Thursday. “Someone crashed it coming down the ramp from the workshop. It needs panel work, it’s not useable, it will not be ready until next week”.

I do not find this believable. More like they had not realised how much work it needed and now they don’t want to sell it to me at a loss.

“But I am setting off to Scotland with a family of six, on Sunday. I NEED this van. I have to use it to take my aging mother to hospital for cancer surgery on Monday. You have completely shafted me! I have missed the opportunity to buy other vans in the eleven days I have been waiting for you to do nothing for me. I have not got my old car serviced, because what’s the point when you were only going to give me £550 part exchange? I could hire a van but it would cost me £4000! You have completely shafted me, and you can offer me nothing!”

Good luck Arnold Clark. I for one will NEVER again be your customer.

• Customer service