Problems obtaining refund of deposit

Raymond500's review of National Motorhomes - www.nationalmotorhomes.co.uk

“Problems obtaining refund of deposit”

Written on: 19/05/2018 by Raymond500 (1 review written)

At the start of the process, National Motorhomes seemed like a well run company. However, when I collected the motorhome I wasn't allowed time check it fully because the manager wanted to close the depot early. The motorhome was sound mechanically but I found a number of faults in the living area. I took photos of all the damaged and faulty parts and they agreed to repay my deposit in full, without any problems. The deposit is supposed to be refunded after 28 working days, which equates to almost 6 weeks, but I still haven't received it. 44 working days (about 9 weeks) have now elapsed. They claim that they have had problems with their web site and they had to make the refund manually, but I haven’t received it. I've now phoned my credit card company and will take further action if that doesn't work.
Don’t hire from National Motorhomes unless you are prepared to wait several months for your deposit refund!