Please choose another brand

Edmondson404's review of Veissmann Vitodens 100

“Please choose another brand”

Written on: 19/11/2020 by Edmondson404 (1 review written)

The boiler is noisy when starting up and running - the manual timer fitted to the 100 is also irritating due to the constant fast ticking noise. The manual timer does not allow for setting different times on different days. The boiler’s eco settings can cause the radiators to be warm even though the hall thermostat is set to the absolute minimum. Other reviews have mentioned this also happens with overriding individual radiator thermostats but I’ve not tested for this. The model has had issues in the past and they now recommend copper pipes being fitted on installation. Personally I’ve been unimpressed with this boiler since installation. I’ve given it three weeks since the install and I will now either sell the property or scrap this one and fit another brand that I’ll be happier with. The performance of the 100 for my 3 bed property is very poor. It has a 10 year guarantee of which one month has expired. The guarantee doesn’t seem to mean much and who knows how much longer Viessmann will be around as a company to honour it if required. Avoid. Don’t risk buying. If I see a Viessmann boiler fitted in a property I’m considering buying I’d factor in changing it to another model. Don’t waste time and energy on something that’s not worth the trouble.