Forge parking-charged extra & disabled parking camera

• Ease of booking

• Security

Reviewereleventy's review of The Forge Airport Parking, Bristol www.parking4bristolairport.co.uk

“Forge parking-charged extra & disabled parking camera”

Written on: 30/12/2021 by Reviewereleventy (1 review written)

Not at all comfortable with our recent experience with Forge Meet & Greet parking at Bristol airport.

Using their website, I booked a white Ford Transit van to be parked for a week over Christmas. I gave the make, model and registration number and paid the resulting cost of £60. I subsequently received two confirmation emails, both confirming the make and model of vehicle being dropped off.

When we arrived, the Forge representative advised that they don’t park vans, only cars. He claimed that the website advises anyone wishing to park vans should call in advance to find out the cost as their website doesn’t distinguish between cars and vans. This seems odd as the website asks for make and model, which made me think they were giving me a price for the correct vehicle. (Having since checked, there is no additional note advising users to call in advance.). When I explained this, he relented to accepting the van but wanted to charge at least an additional £30 - £40. I explained that this wasn’t acceptable and gave him the last £10 I had. I was stuck and didn’t really have time to argue.

Upon collection of the vehicle I noticed that the reversing camera had been disconnected. I queried this via text and was told that it is their ‘policy not to share with everyone where our secure lockups and car parks are as this information can be passed on to anyone’. I do not accept this explanation because the camera is situated at the rear of the vehicle, so unless he reversed in, would not show any location.

Very uncomfortable with the whole experience, and would not recommend. Having read other reviews, I wish I’d done my research better.

• Ease of booking