Avoid at all costs

• Ease of booking

• Security

Taylorid1987's review of Manchester, Manchester Meet and Greet

“Avoid at all costs ”

Written on: 26/06/2022 by Taylorid1987 (1 review written)

Booked it as so much cheaper than onsite parking Meet @ Greet That was my first mistake.I’ve always done Airparks with a shuttle bus to Airport terminal and so wish I’d done same but trying to move with the times and everyone raves about Meet and Greet ..
Initial booking email confirmation seemed fine instructing me to go to parking facility postcode provided where I would check in and be chauffeured to Airport..Phone number to phone 30 minutes before planned arrival ..
Then strangely there was an email 5days later stating that due to their parking YARD being full I was being upgraded from Park @ Ride to Meet @ Greet and I was instructed to call a mobile phone no when I was 20 mins away and I would receive instructions.
I did this and met a complete stranger at short stay car park T3 who had no ID on him was decidedly mute and had no air of professionalism/providing a service at all . .I ask myself why I continued to hand him my car keys .I guess I’m a trusting person and had a plane to catch .
The problems started on my return.I think I knew/gut feeling it wasn’t going to be straightforward and I wasn’t wrong .
I phoned the mobile as instructed and the man made a great difficulty of trying to get his head around my car reg no .There was much russling of paper then he said he had no record of my car being dropped off and wanted a description of the man who met me .Then he gave me another mobile phone no to phone which I did and the man sounded slightly more on it and I gave him my Reg No and he said okay Il be with you in 10 mins .Then he phoned me and said he had no record of my car being dropped off
I then had a complete meltdown and presumed the worst and that my car had been taken .The man was completely unsympathetic to my distress and kept asking me to email the booking confirmation via WhatsApp ?? I was so upset I couldn’t comprehend how /why I could do this .I was tired after a long flight that had been delayed and really couldn’t think straight .The man couldn’t deal with my distress and put the phone down on me .I immediately phoned him back and he answered but kept repeating the same thing to send email confirmation via WhatsApp.
Luckily a lady was being delivered of her car through the same company and cottoned onto my distress .She helped me and I emailed the booking confirmation back as instructed but not to WhatsApp but to the Email address that it came from .She had used the same company and so I asked the man who dropped her car off to help me .He phoned presumably the man who I had been dealing with and kept repeating my car make and fact I’d emailed him my booking confirmation as he had instructed .But he obviously didn’t have access to email so this man had to take a photo of my Booking email and send it to him by WhatsApp ..
The man then ran off literally assuring me he would be back in 10 minutes..He explained that there were 3huge parking sites (presuming now they are fields by the look of my tyres ) and that they were trying to locate my car amongst a 1000 or more cars
I continued to wait another half hour to then receive a further phone call advising me it was another company who had my car and that I would receive a phone call from them shortly .
I did receive a call and they wanted to meet me at T1 ,I was at T3 short stay car park .
I refused and insisted they meet me where I was .I had a very sore insect bite on my ankle badly swollen and couldn’t bare walking any further .
The driver made this a huge problem saying he wasn’t allowed I T3 and if the car sustained a penalty notice it was on my head .I told him don’t be ridiculous,it’s just a normal carpark .Further 15 minutes man turned up ,walked over to me totally unprofessional,no eye contact .Gave me my car key and token to pay to get out £6 !!! For 5 minutes,thanks Manchester Airport .
Car luckily no damage and no extra mileage though very muddied .I felt totally traumatised by this experience and wouldn’t want anyone else to experience it so please book through the on-site official Manchester [email protected] service
I intend to try and take this further as I feel I was dealing with a bunch who are all taking a cut of the profit .My gut feeling is if you book them you never get to see where your car is taken .They will always change /amend your booking to [email protected] at the airport…
It was an awful truly awful experience .

• Ease of booking