Worst hosting provider ever

wimsett's review of WaxSpace provide $1 Unlimited web hosting service with unmetered bandwidth - waxspace.com

“Worst hosting provider ever”

Written on: 31/07/2016 by wimsett (1 review written)

Well where to actually start with this?

I am an experienced systems administrator who has set up dozens of servers similar to that which waxspace uses, namely cpanel.

I do not require technical support for setting up sites etc but there are things that no person on a shared hosting account can do, and that is where you have to contact support and expect them to do something about it.

In the past few months I have had to email them multiple times about running out of diskspace on /. They appear to be doing no active monitoring because if you do not actually email them the server remains unusable to customers. I am on their Platinum server.

What I mean by unuseable is that due to their mis-management of the server customers are unable to log into their PAID for cpanel accounts and are unable to use email.

The worst thing is that I started to receive spam and like any responsible non business (ALL BUSINESS'S ON THE INTERNET ARE SPAMMERS) non-spammer I started the process of tracking down the spammer and sending single complaints to the abuse department of the spammer.

I was NOT permitted to do this by waxspace.com, as they decided to impliment a global OUTGOING email filter that protects spammers by not allowing the complaint to go through.

I then go and create ONE support ticket per spam email that I was not permitted to send myself to the spammers hosting provider, and the idiots at waxspace merged the 4 tickets and told me not to open multiple tickets.

They claim that they have put my account in their monitoring.

Now I have over 700 bounced emails from spammers who are trying to use my domain to send their filth. I have not sent these emails and can prove it, as my spf key is NOT on the headers of the emails and as I am using their webmail client there are of course no matching sent messages in the sent mail folder.

I set up that feature long before this started.

This kind of hosting provider needs to be put out of business, not get more customers.

I am now looking at vps providers who do not support and pay spammers like waxspace does.