Awful!

SaraMT's review of Optical Express Laser Eye Surgery & Opticians - www.opticalexpress.co.uk

“Awful!”

Written on: 12/10/2017 by SaraMT (1 review written)

I have been a customer of Optical Express for some years now and in that time, I have had numerous problems with the appalling customer service. My most recent experience has been the worst however.

I received my latest batch of lenses in September. Prior to this I had been experiencing headaches which I put down to working in front of a computer and driving a few hours each day (with a young baby in the car on most occasions). I had assumed (wrongly) that my lenses couldn't be the wrong prescription given that I had my last eye test with OE within the last year - at which point I was told my prescription had changed and my lenses would be updated.

The lenses I received in September, specifically the left ones, I could barely see out of. I didn't know if there was an issue with the lenses themselves or the prescription but either way I decided at that point that I needed to see another optician, given the copious problems I have had with OE.

Upon doing this, I discovered that the prescription for my left eye is not -7 as they had been sending me but instead it is now -10. I can only assume that despite the prescription change at my last check-up they have continued to send out the same, out-of-date prescription lenses.

I'm only sorry I didn't seek a consultation with another opticians sooner. Not only has the poor service I have received in the last few years at Optical Express caused me considerable stress and anxiety but it has actually damaged my eyesight and worse, could potentially have put my child at risk. I have since cancelled my direct debit and would discourage anyone from using the company.

• Contact lenses and glasses