MyTechHelp www.mytechhelp.com Review

Guest's review of MyTechHelp www.mytechhelp.com

“Foolishly called thinking this was Apple Customer...”

Written on: 17/04/2013

Foolishly called thinking this was Apple Customer support. I was having issues with friends not receiving my texts for several days. Since I had a similar problem a few weeks ago that turned out to be a simple setting being turned off I thought I'd call for assistance. After a few minutes of simple questions the technician (somebody with an accent) advised that my phone had picked up some malware and a technician would have to clean out the file system. This service would cost me $70 which would cover my phone for 30 days. I was shocked but when I was transferred to a technician I was advised that I should reboot my phone (duh what was I thinking). This cleared the problem up immediately and the tech hung up before finding out if the problem was resolved. I then tried to call back for at least a partial refund that's when it dawned on me that I hadn't been speaking to Apple at all. After a lot of arguing on the phone I finally gave up, confirmed that the charges hadn't hit my card and had my bank turn off the card. Upon calling back I found that they had been planning on charging me a monthly recurring fee. No clue if I'll ever hear from these folks again but I guess we'll see.